This solution from ISIS Papyrus was implemented in one of the biggest banks with branch offices in Germany, employing more than 4,000 people. The main business focus is investment and internet banking. Its activities also include property financing and services for institutions and businesses as well as securities trading.
The bank implemented a banking portal as a virtual customer service branch office. Outstanding customer service by providing 24/7 access for personalized statements and reports were set as requirements. Depending on the client profile, the same document must also be printable in high quality, automatically be enveloped and mailed. Leveraging existing business data directly from the business application on the mainframe for electronic document presentment and optional printing was a prerequisite.
Those were the full requirements:
- Internet Banking document service based on existing z/OS mainframe application programs delivering the business data for the statements and reports
- Viewing of the statements and reports in the browser in PDF format
- Optional printing of same documents on different printers
- E-mail notification with Hyperlink in documents on new available statements in the e-Postbox
- Around the clock access: 24/7/365
The Papyrus Platform delivered the following benefits:
- Legacy business data is fully supported
- Single time document design and formatting for 100%identical results on Web and paper
- Fast document development using 100% WYSIWYG PapyrusDesigner
- Business-user departments are empowered to edit text and marketing messages using Papyrus EYE user-friendly Flash GUI
- DocEXEC high speed batch and ad-hoc formatting on 11 platforms
- Repository for central management and administration of all document resources, building blocks, user authorization and document processes
- WebArchive – AFP to PDF generation on the fly
- PrintPool for central output management adding OMR and Barcodes
- Using central print and mail facilities for statements not viewed through the internet
- E-mail Server for e-mail notification and URL
Although the solution shows a fairly complex application there were less than 6 weeks of total on-site support needed from ISIS Papyrus. This included the document development effort and the setup of the central Repository and Archive. The total project phase
was five months.